X-Lite is a free SIP-based softphone that lets you make and receive calls on your PC or Mac. This guide describes how to configure your X-Lite installation to work with your Localphone account.
You can find your SIP registration details from the angani support after subscribing to the product.
This guide has been tested with X-Lite version X-Lite 4.9.2 for Mac, but the following steps will be compatible with other versions and platforms.
SIP Account Information
Before setting up X-Lite, you need the following information:
- Username and domain e.g [email protected]
- Pilot number – This is a landline phone number provided to you e.g 0205230028
If X-Lite is not already running, start it as you would any other program: Use the Windows Start menu or double-click the desktop icon.
Configuring X-Lite Setting up Accounts
After obtaining SIP account information from your VoIP service provider, you can set up X-Lite accounts.
Set up the SIP Account
- Visit the following link to download a sip client for your system I.e Windows or Mac http://www.counterpath.com/x-lite-download/ and install it on your PC.
- When the softphone appears, click the Go to Account Settings link. The SIP Account window appears.
- In the Account tab, complete the User Details area with the information obtained fromAngani Support.
- Under Account Name enter any preffered text e.g AnganiIn the General tab, enter the information as follows for an extensionUser ID – Extension number e.g 500 Domain – Enter domain provided e.d sip.anganivoice.comPassword – Enter the extension password provided e.g [email protected]Display Name(Optional) – Enter your Name or Company Name
- Click OK; the account is created and registered (enabled).